Visit our Risen Lord. Adoration is coming. Sign up here.
Adoration is given to God alone. That is why it is called Eucharistic Adoration because the Holy Eucharist is God! Will you be there for one hour every week?
For more information, contact: Renee Hertz at RJKH188@gmail.com. 917-287-5175
The Holy Family Adoration Chapel will be supervised by the Servants of the Blessed Sacrament.
The Servants of the Blessed Sacrament is a subgroup of the Prayer & Worship Committee. Adorers pledge to spend a specified hour on one exclusive day of their choice every week in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament.
The Holy Family Adoration Chapel is open from 9:30 am until 5 pm Monday through Friday. Sign up and registration will take place in the Narthex and PLC after all Masses beginning in August.
Fr. Cusick’s Homily The Transfiguration on the Lord (A)
Where is the chapel?
Our beautiful chapel is located at the rear of the church. Enter from the outside door nearest the west parking lot.
What is expected from me as a Servants of the Blessed Sacrament?
An individual who commits to being a Servant is expected to arrive at the scheduled time and remain present in the chapel until the next person arrives one hour later. Remember, you are choosing one specific hour (between 9:30 am and 5:00 pm) on one specific day (Monday through Friday) that your schedule accommodates. That assignment is your entrusted commitment.
What if I can’t make it to my regularly scheduled time?
We understand that emergencies do arise. If you are unable to keep your commitment, it is your responsibility to find a substitute for your hour. We intend to implement a service through a web connection that may assist you in finding a replacement. Communication via email is essential, and therefore, an email address is required. Additionally, your Day Coordinator might also be able to be of help. However, we are depending on you to fulfill your responsibility for the day and time you select.
May I become just a substitute adorer?
Absolutely! As a substitute adorer, you should be available to cover occasional hours for another adorer, when requested. You may state which days/hours work best for you when registering. Communication via email is essential, and therefore, an email address is required.
Adoration Chapel Guidelines:
- Please try to be a few minutes early so that the person you relieve may depart on time.
- Please remember to always sign in. Adorers who are not Servants should sign the Guest Log.
- Please be courteous of others. Jesus is truly present, Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity, in the Blessed Sacrament. Please genuflect (or deeply bow) when you enter the chapel quietly. If children accompany you, please instruct them to be quiet when they are in the chapel.
- Get to know the people on your hour – they are your “prayer buddies.”
- Invite a friend to join you for your holy hour.
- You may bring your own prayer resources or choose from the spiritual reading materials from the table. If you borrow supplies, we ask that you please return these materials for others to enjoy.
- Pray, read, listen. Anticipate the gifts the Lord has planned to give you. Cherish this time.
- Keep your Day Coordinator informed of your schedule if you have an emergency. Check Ministry ProServe for additional help to find a substitute.
- At the end of your hour, please make sure that your replacement has arrived. Remember, Fr. Cusick requests that four (4) adorers be present at all times.
Thanks for your cooperation in keeping our chapel the beautiful and safe sanctuary it was meant to be!