Confirmation Dress Code
(Revised by Office of the Bishop, August, 2011)
“Sunday best” attire is expected.
- Dress trousers (no jeans), with shirt and tie.
- A coat is recommended but not necessary.
- A dress, or a skirt and blouse, or a pantsuit, none of which may be tight fitting.
- The dress or skirt must reach the knees (no mini-skirts) and cover the back.
- The dress or blouse must have sleeves that cover the shoulders. (Spaghetti straps, etc are not sleeves.)
- No low-cut tops on blouses or dresses.
- Please wear appropriate undergarments when wearing light colored clothing.
For a Candidate Information Sheet, please click here.
For Sponsor Information, please click here.
Give your time in service to others.
You must complete 3 different forms of service to fulfill your confirmation requirement.
- Service in the Community.
- Service within your church.
- Service for your family.
There is no hour requirement but we do ask you to try to make the Service substantial.
After completing each service, complete an essay with a description of:
- Your service;
- Who benefited from it;
- What you learned from it.
Please DO NOT wait until the last minute.
Confirmation service hour ideas
- I.M.Sulzbacher homeless shelter
- St. Francis Soup Kitchen
- Habijax for humanity
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Angel tree drop-off and help wrap and organize gifts for local needy families.
- Senior High Dinner Theatre
- Help elderly relative with household chores
- Help family with yard work or housework
- Wash parent’s cars for a month
- Hands On Jacksonville
For a Service Hour form, please click here.
Confirmation 2015/2016 Important Dates:
Parent and Candidate Confirmation Meeting: Sunday, October 30, 2016, 10:45 – 11:15 am in the School Gym
Retreat 1: Saturday, February 25, 2017, 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
Retreat 2: Saturday, March 18, 2017, 9:00 am – 6:30 pm
Confirmation Rehearsal: Friday, April 21, 2017, 7:00 pm. (We meet in the Parish Life Center)
Confirmation Day: Saturday, April 22, 2017, at 10:30 am