Our Ministry: Our mission is to make and teach others to fashion cord and plastic bead rosaries to be blessed and distributed to individuals and worthy causes within and beyond our parish community. Our members engage in this activity in a social atmosphere with goals to foster and inspire evangelization, encourage the recitation of the Rosary, and to enrich devotion to Our Blessed Mother. For more information, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Accomplishments: Since the inception of the Rosary Makers Ministry in August 2014 the members have made and distributed over 17,000 rosaries. These rosaries have been distributed not only locally but also throughout the world to:
Schools: Holy Family Catholic School & CCD program, Marian Consecration at Bishop Kenny High School, Catholic chaplains at four local college campuses
Parish Ministries: CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish), St. Vincent de Paul, Marian Consecration, Divine Mercy Sunday
Outside Ministries: Catholic Daughters of the Americas (Court #375), Youth ministry, Holy Cross Family Ministries
Hospitals & Homebound: Baptist Hospital Downtown, St. Vincent’s Hospital
Military & their families: Domestically and Internationally
Prison Ministries: In Gainesville
International Ministries: Brazil, Kenya, Nigeria, Tanzania, Ireland
Other Ministries: EWTN, Apostleship of the Sea (Mayport), DOSA camps, Challenge Girls Club of Florida, Mission Chapel of St John Paul II, the Parish of San Juan del Rio Patriotic Rosary Ministry
Meetings: Our meetings for 2017 are scheduled normally on the second Tuesday of each month @ 6:30pm in the Parish Life Center in Room 217B. You may also check our parish app (myParish). Please note the February and April meetings have been moved to the first Tuesday.
The dates are:
January 10th No meeting in July
February 7th No meeting in August
March 14th September 12th
April 4th October 10th
May 9th November 14th
June 13th December 12th
You will also see our monthly meeting listed in the weekly bulletin a week or two before each meeting. If you are unable to attend the meeting, please contact us at: email@example.com to schedule an alternative day/time for a lesson convenient for you.
In addition, periodically we will have demonstrations and information at Coffee and Donuts after Sunday Mass. Watch the bulletin for more of these sessions.
The Rosary is prayed one half hour before weekend Masses (except the 9:30 AM) and before the 9:00 AM weekday Mass. Please join us.
On January 22nd the Rosary Makers Ministry started a Living Rosary. From January 22nd to February 28th we are dedicated to praying for the end of abortions. Each day all 4 mysteries (Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and Luminous) will be recited with individual people responsible for only one decade of one of the mysteries. It is a powerful prayer to our Blessed Mother. We will continue the Living Rosary on a month-to-month basis starting in March. If you would like to be involved in this Living Rosary, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
Once you get started with us and want to order some supplies on your own here are the websites for the organizations we use:
Our Lady’s Rosary Makers (ORLM) @ www.rosarymakingparts.com
Ave Maria’s Circle @ https://avemariascircle.com/ (You may need to copy & paste this link.
Please see the pages below for how to:
– Pray the Rosary
– The Mysteries of the Rosary
– The Fruits of each Mystery
How to Pray the Rosary:
Make the Sign of the Cross
- Say the Apostles’ Creed
- I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell, and on the third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen
- Say one Our Father
- Say three Hail Marys
- Say one Glory be to the Father
- Say one Oh My Jesus
- Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven especially those most in need of your mercy.
- Announce the 1st Mystery
- Say one Our Father
- Say ten Hail Marys while meditating on the Mystery
- Say one Glory be to the Father
- Say one Oh my Jesus
- Continue the same order for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th
- After the last decade say the Hail Holy Queen
- Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy: hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To you we cry poor banished children of Eve, to you we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy towards us and after this, our exile, show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
- Conclude with the following prayer:
- Let us pray. O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
- Make the Sign of the Cross
You can also pray the Rosary virtually on our ParishApp.
Below is a list of all the Mysteries and the suggested days for them to be recited. Next to the number are the names of each mystery and then the fruit of the mystery that may aid you in your meditation.
The Mysteries of the Rosary
Joyful Mysteries——Monday & Saturday
- The Annunciation—-Humility
- The Visitation—-Love of Neighbor
- The Birth of Jesus—-Poverty
- The Presentation—-Obedience
- The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple—-Joy in Finding Jesus
Sorrowful Mysteries——Tuesday & Friday
- The Agony in the Garden—-Sorrow for Sin
- The Scourging at the Pillar—-Purity
- The Crowning of Thorns—-Courage
- The Carrying of the Cross—-Patience
- The Crucifixion—-Perseverance
Glorious Mysteries——Sunday & Wednesday
- The Resurrection—-Faith
- The Ascension—-Hope
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit—-Love of God
- The Assumption of Mary—-Grace of a Happy Death
- The Coronation of Mary—-Trust in Mary’s Intercession
- The Baptism of Jesus—-Openness to the Holy Spirit
- The Wedding at Cana—-To Jesus Through Mary
- Proclaiming the Kingdom of God—-Repentance and Trust in God
- The Transfiguration of Jesus—-Desire for Holiness
- The Institution of the Eucharist—-Adoration