The Rosary-Maker Ministry helps promote devotion to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, our beloved Mother, through prayer and by making, and teaching others to make, simple cord-and-bead rosaries. We freely distribute these rosaries to missions and individuals domestically and worldwide, including our local school children, charitable organizations, hospitals and health care facilities and the military. We also leave blessed rosaries at the doors of the church.
As we began our fifth year of ministry, in August 2018, we had already distributed over 30,000 rosaries
“Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for battle, and my fingers for war.” ~~Psalm 144:1*
Have a look at the letters of thanks sent to us from all over the world. They are posted in our scrapbook which is available for perusal in the Parish office during business hours.
Additionally, we invite all parishioners to join in praying the rosary ½ hour before any of the following Masses: 9:00am weekdays, 5:30pm Saturdays, 8:00am,11:30am and 5:00pm Sundays.
Would you like to be a part of the solution to the ills of the world through this powerful prayer?
“For the weapons of our warfare are not physical, but they are mighty before God for the overthrow and destruction of strongholds.” ~~2 Corinthians 10: 4**
Each month, the Rosary-Makers invite you to joing our Living Rosary which features a monthly dedicated intention. The invitation is sent through Signup Genius. With multiple prayer partners, it is possible that each day all 4 Mysteries (Joyful, Sorowful, Glroius, and Lumunous) will be recited. Individuals are responsible for only one decade of one of the Mysteries. We, Rosary-Markers, recognize that the Rosary is a powerful prayer to our Blessed Mother. If you would like to be involved in this Living Rosary, Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.
We invite you to come to one of our meetings. Most times, we meet in the PLC on the second Tuesday of the month at 6:30 pm. Occasionally, we offer lessons after the Sunday 8:00 am Mass in the PLC during the Coffee and Donuts social time. Watch for announcements in the bulletin.
Rosary on our Parish App:
Download Our Parish App to Pray the Rosary virtually with your I-phone or Android. You can click on a Mystery and pray with a narrated version. You can also listen to beautiful reflections by Fr. Riccardo for each Mystery.
Please refer to our weekly bulletin for meeting dates. If you are unable to attend the meeting, please contact us at:email@example.com to schedule an alternative day/time for a lesson convenient for you.
The main supplier we use is:
Our Lady’s Rosary Makers (ORLM) @ www.rosarymakingparts.com
*The NAB revised St. Joseph’s edition, 2010.
**The Amplified Bible (AMP), 1987
Please see the pages below for:
- How to Pray the Rosary
- The Mysteries of the Rosary
- The Fruits of each Mystery
How to Pray the Rosary:
You can also go on Our Parish App. Tap the AUDIO ROSARY ICON and it will pray the rosary with you.
Make the Sign of the Cross
- Say the Apostles’ Creed
- I believe in God the Father Almighty, Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus Christ, His only Son, our Lord, Who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried. He descended into hell, and on the third day He rose again from the dead. He ascended into heaven, sits at the right hand of God, the Father Almighty. From thence He shall come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Holy Catholic Church, the communion of Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen
- Say one Our Father
- Say three Hail Marys
- Say one Glory be to the Father
- Say one Oh My Jesus
- Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven especially those most in need of your mercy.
- Announce the 1st Mystery
- Say one Our Father
- Say ten Hail Marys while meditating on the Mystery
- Say one Glory be to the Father
- Say one Oh my Jesus
- Continue the same order for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th
- After the last decade say the Hail Holy Queen
- Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy: hail, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To you we cry poor banished children of Eve, to you we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, O most gracious advocate, your eyes of mercy towards us and after this, our exile, show us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.
- Conclude with the following prayer:
- Let us pray. O God, whose only begotten Son, by His life, death, and resurrection, has purchased for us the rewards of eternal life, grant, we beseech Thee, that meditating upon these mysteries of the most holy Rosary of the Blessed Virgin Mary, we may imitate what they contain and obtain what they promise, through the same Christ Our Lord. Amen.
- Make the Sign of the Cross
Below is a list of all the Mysteries and the suggested days for them to be recited. Next to the number are the names of each mystery and then the fruit of the mystery that may aid you in your meditation.
The Mysteries of the Rosary
Joyful Mysteries——Monday & Saturday
- The Annunciation—-Humility
- The Visitation—-Love of Neighbor
- The Birth of Jesus—-Poverty
- The Presentation—-Obedience
- The Finding of the Child Jesus in the Temple—-Joy in Finding Jesus
Sorrowful Mysteries——Tuesday & Friday
- The Agony in the Garden—-Sorrow for Sin
- The Scourging at the Pillar—-Purity
- The Crowning of Thorns—-Courage
- The Carrying of the Cross—-Patience
- The Crucifixion—-Perseverance
Glorious Mysteries——Sunday & Wednesday
- The Resurrection—-Faith
- The Ascension—-Hope
- The Descent of the Holy Spirit—-Love of God
- The Assumption of Mary—-Grace of a Happy Death
- The Coronation of Mary—-Trust in Mary’s Intercession
- The Baptism of Jesus—-Openness to the Holy Spirit
- The Wedding at Cana—-To Jesus Through Mary
- Proclaiming the Kingdom of God—-Repentance and Trust in God
- The Transfiguration of Jesus—-Desire for Holiness
- The Institution of the Eucharist—-Adoration