Our mission is to unite the women of the Parish as sisters in Christ, by fostering a sense of friendship and community, while serving our parish and the larger community.
All women are welcome to join our membership whether Catholic or non-Catholic, and to participate fully in all meetings and activities.
President: Anne Sawicki
Vice President: Valery Gregory
Vice President of Programs: Pat Nelms
Secretary: Michele Dennis
Treasurer: Pat Harth
Corresponding Secretary: Kelle George-Grizzell
Our dues are $20.00 per year and we meet every month from September through May, generally on the first Monday of the month. We start at 6:00PM with a light dinner and social time then at 6:45 we have exciting speakers on a subject of general interest, or a game night followed by a short business meeting.
All meetings are in the Parish Hall, please watch the bulletin for the room location.
HOW CAN I JOIN?
You may contact the President, Anne Sawicki, or you can attend any of our meetings, say “I’m new” and we’ll take it from there…you are welcome anytime.
Come check us out …gain some new friends!
- The first Monday of August we have a “Meet & Greet” party to welcome old and new friends for the coming year.
- Also, in August, the start of our fiscal year, we send a survey to our members to aid in planning our activities for the coming year. We want to tailor our activities to meet the needs of our membership as we value their opinion and look forward to hearing their suggestions.
- We gather frequently for lunches or a dinner at various local restaurants for an opportunity to get to know each other better in a smaller group setting as well as to enjoy a delicious meal at a new location.
- Do you like Bunco or Trivia; well if you do then you have come to the right place. One monthly meeting of the year, we share laughter and each other’s company with light fun.
- May brings the installation of our new officers and a final party before our summer break.
SOME OF OUR CHURCH ACTIVITIES:
- We provide desserts for the Men’s Club Annual Fish Fry fundraiser.
- Shared Meeting on December 3rd with the Men’s Club for Christmas Cheer.
- Host Receptions in the Parish Life Center following the First Holy Communion and Confirmation Services.
- We work together with other Ministries to provide services to our parish and to raise funds through various events to be used for the good of the parish or other community needs.
- The Elizabeth Ministry is one way the Catholic Church supports women as they become mothers. This woman-to-woman support ministry celebrates new life when a child is born or adopted. Elizabeth Ministry Expectant Mother Blessings are held each Spring and Fall. The next blessing to be scheduled will be in October, 2019 during the 5 pm Mass. To RSVP and/or to be included on our Bulletin Prayer List, please email Charlene Brinker at email@example.com.
- The Martha Ministry is a Sub-Committee of the Women’s Club and this Ministry cleans the church every Saturday morning.
COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES:
Throughout the year we are also involved with various fundraising activities in support of our parish and local community.
- Camp I Am Special – hosted dinner in July with additional funds for tuition accomplished thru Valentine’s Day Basket Fundraiser
- Holy Family Catholic School Tuition donation accomplished thru the Book/Frame/Cake Fundraiser in February 2019
- Bakery Donations from Fish Fry donated for lightweight Clerical Vestments
- Sponsored 2 families with St. Vincent de Paul for Christmas
- Outreach with Mission House – donations for needed shoulder handbags and white wash cloths
- Outreach with Rachel’s Vineyard sponsoring Lunch and monetary donation
- Outreach with Holy Family Soup Kitchen Ministry donation accomplished thru the Easter Basket Fundraiser
- Sponsored Movie Night for the Parish – “All or Nothing”
- Support Monthly Adoration on First Friday
- Conducted “Holy Moments” Session at the March Women’s Club meeting in preparation for Lent
- Sponsor “Ladies who Lunch” outings
- Assist with other Parish events as requested – Light refreshments for Concerts, Corpus Christi, etc.
Our New Year 2019/2020 will be another exciting adventure with your help. Come out and join us, gather with old friends and meet some new ones!