Our mission is to unite the women of the Parish in purpose and direction in religious, moral, educational, social and economic areas. Also, to aid in the development of our Parish through Christian action.
All women are welcome to join our membership whether Catholic or non-Catholic, and to participate fully in all meetings and activities.
Our dues are $20.00 per year and we meet every month from September through May, generally on the first Monday of the month. We open at 6:00PM with snacks and social time then at 6:45 we may have a speaker on a subject of general interest or a game night followed by a short business meeting.
All meetings are in the Parish Hall, please watch the bulletin for the room location.
HOW CAN I JOIN?
You may contact the President, Anne Sawicki, or you attend any of our meetings, say “I’m new”
and we’ll take it from there…you are welcome anytime.
Come check us out …gain some new friends!
- The first Monday of August we have a “Meet & Greet” party to welcome old and new friends for the coming year.
- Also in August, the start of our fiscal year, we send a survey to our members to aid in planning our activities for the coming year. We want to tailor our activities to meet the needs of our membership as we value their opinion and look forward to hearing their suggestions.
- We gather frequently for “Dames Who Dine” lunches at various local restaurants for an opportunity to get to know each other better in a smaller group setting as well as to enjoy a delicious meal at a new location.
- We occasionally have a joint meeting with the Men’s club and let them cook dinner for us!
- In December we have a Christmas party and gift exchange.
- May brings the installation of our new officers and a final party before our summer break.
SOME OF OUR CHURCH ACTIVITIES:
- We provide desserts for the Men’s Club Annual Fish Fry fundraiser as well as other parish events as requested.
- We work together with the Men’s Club to provide services to our parish and to raise funds through various events to be used for the good of the parish or other community needs.
COMMUNITY SERVICE ACTIVITIES:
Throughout the year we are also involved with various fundraising activities in support of our parish and local community. In the summer we support the DOSA camp at Camp St. John, by providing food and financial support.
President: Anne Sawicki
Vice President: Kay Zipperer
Secretary: Ronnie Serano
Treasurer: Pat Harth
Corresponding Secretary – open until Board meets on May 22, 2018
- Camp I Am Special – hosted dinner in July 2017; 2018 held fundraiser to host dinner in July 2018 with additional funds being donated
- Fundraiser for Holy Family Catholic School Tuition donation
- Fundraiser for Clerical Vestments achieved thru supporting the Men’s Club Fish Fry by donating our time and talent providing desserts
- Purchased four Altar Cloths for Holy Family
- Hosted Receptions for First Communion and Confirmation
- Support Monthly Adoration on First Friday
- Sponsor “Ladies who Lunch” outings
- Assist with other Parish events as requested – Corpus Christi, etc.
- Evaluation of Elizabeth Ministry to be supported and managed by Women’s Club
- Evaluation of Martha Ministry and next steps
- Working toward reinstating the Fundraising and Outreach Committees
- Encouraging spiritual activities as a Club
Come out to gather with old friends and meet some new ones!